Becoming a member
The benefits of becoming a member include:
- being active in all levels of the DGSA
- registering stock with the DGSA
- receiving the Australian Goat World magazine, the yearly Herd Book and regular Branch newsletters
- eligibility to receive Milk Awards
- the right to exhibit goats at approved shows
- sharing knowledge and information with other members
- reduced advertising rates in DGSA publications
- eligibility to become a dairy goat judge
Code of ethics
This Code of Ethics establishes a standard of conduct to be followed by all members of the DGSA Ltd in the normal course of owning, breeding, milk testing, exhibiting for show and selling of dairy goats. Breeders must be aware of their responsibilities and aim at all times to conscientiously maintain the highest possible standards of production and type of dairy goats.
National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) is Australia’s system for the identification and tracing of goats for biosecurity, food safety, product integrity and market access purposes.
Throughout Australia, producers are required to know where the goats under their management have come from and where they are going. There are currently special arrangements in place for dairy goats - State Branch websites will have more information. You can also visit the MLA website to find out more.
Dairy goat exports
The DGSA has a co-operative arrangement for exporting dairy goats to many other countries, including Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia and Argentina.